Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm not sure where to begin my report for today's happenings, but I will attempt. I had a really naughty headache this morning and opted to go back to bed with some Advil and an herb tea chaser. I wound up sleeping till after 1:00. The headache was no doubt induced by the Terrible night that my son and I had, trying to do two big projects for school that were due today. He goes to a charter school and they like to PUSH the kids. That brings me to the question, should the teachers be giving our children so much homework every night? My children have such little time to be kids and play. They spend way too much time doing homework and either have not enough or even sometimes, no play time at all (like the last two nights). Don't teachers know that play time and family time are essential?

On a happier note I got my booty out in my back yard and did some sprucing up. That's where I spent what was left of my day and some of the night planting, placing rock, and cleaning. My fence is looking pretty darn good right now and had we not ran out of fence boards this weekend, we would have finished it for sure. My Honey felt sorry for my attempt to do it without him so, with the help of our children, we got it all up together. I put our fire-pit-table together and created a cozy little retreat where some day (soon I hope) we will be able to use our hot tub.

Tomorrow is Halloween which I am only a little bit excited about because my husband will not be able to take the kids out trick-or-treating, like he always does. Thank goodness for good friends who don't mind us tagging along. Were going to meet over at my Bestest Bud Debbie's house and go with her and her boys. I suppose it's not too different than last year with the exception of Tracy not being there. This weekend we plan to have our annual after Halloween, Halloween party. That should be great fun. Ta Ta for now.

9 comments:

Paul Train said...

I left a comment here yesterday, but it did not stick? I wonder what happened to it? Love you, your Dad

Paul Train said...

You must be busey. Love you, your Dad

Paul Train said...

Hello again. I was here today. I tried to leave a comment with another computer this morning, but it would not post, so I came back to this computer. The comment I tried to post was: I love you. 'Rainstorm' does not fit, 'Superwoman' fits better.

Paul Train said...

Halloween is past, next is Thanksgiving. Where are you?

rainstorm said...

I try not to get on here too often because I always wind up spending all day here. And yes you were right, I am busy a lot of the time. This week it was all about my party. Maybe I'll just tell you all about this on a new post. You know what's funny? The time stamp for my blog is all off. It was saying that I had left the note on Halloween but it wasn't even Wed. Yet. What's up with that? It was a full day off. Is your time stamp correct?
I like "SUPERWOMAN" but "RAINSTORM" comes from RAIN, my first user-name from the 90's and my son's name. Rain is hard to get,because someone else always has it. Personally I think they stole it from me. They even took Rain73 and 1973. So not fare."Pout!"
When my Honey is home, I try not to spend too much time on the computer.I have already spent hours on here tonight.Tracy had me doing something online for him, which I didn't mind doing because football is just not my thing. A fine trade for both of us, Joycie time, for football.

Paul Train said...

To me you will always be Joyce Kathryn Marie, I hope you do not mind. All of my comments were time stamped when I published them.

rainstorm said...

What about Joyce Katie or Joycie? To tell you the truth, these were my favorite ones. But Joyce Katie McFartle Dartle is not on my list of faves. I don't know why? Ha Ha Ha!

I still wonder why they mess up my time stamp so badly? Just a little perplexing for trueHaveNoClue ;) .I can see that these comments are stamped California time, one hour earlier than here. Now the Blogs themselves are not quite Ca. time.

Paul Train said...

Still on the hunt, but I will leave a comment to your last comment from this posting.

The 'Time Stamp' for Postings to the blogs, may be from where the Hosting Computer is located on the Internet? It could be anywhere in the world on the www (World Wide Web)

I'm still hunting for the rest of your 'Dream'

rainstorm said...

Good point DAD. :)