Monday, October 29, 2007

My mood has changed from feeling GREAT to this sad lull this morning. I just hate how strongly my daughters teacher is adamant about not letting her get anything past her. She was very upset with her for not showing me her planner this past week. This was especially hard because she told her that if she didn't wright down her homework assignments at the end of each day then she wouldn't be able to do alternate homework. In order to keep her from not having to do anything because there is nothing written down in her homework planner, I make her do five times the work she would otherwise have for homework. I was thinking this was fare since I knew it was harder for her and was in a way a punishment for not being responsible enough to write down the right stuff. The teacher on the other hand thought that Willow was doing it on purpose so that she could do FUN pages instead of the class assignment. The work I made Willow do was work that the teacher had requested I work with her on to help her catch up in class. So what's the deal? And the crazy thing is that this is only the second time that this has happened. The main problem that Willow is having is the fact that she has to leave the classroom for a special reading group and doesn't return back to class until right before the bell rings, which is when all the other students are shuffling around to get out the door. "Gurr", this just makes me so mad. I mean for goodness sakes she is only a third grader.

4 comments:

Paul Train said...

Had to leave a comment here too. Sounds like Willows teacher has no clue, at least the way you discribe the situation.

rainstorm said...

Maybe she's just a person that likes everything done her way... or else. I'm kind of confused by this teacher. Then there's Storm's Teachers and they do the same thing. By the way last night I didn't realize that you left a note on each entry. It was a welcomed surprise tonight. Thanks DADDY.

Paul Train said...

Well I think I have figured how to get here now. I went ahead and started a Blog too. Mine is a long one http://greatgrandpapaultrain.blogspot.com

Paul Train said...

Still looking (hunting for the dream), but Mary Mom wants to leave now, so I will have to come back later.