Sunday, November 4, 2007

It's been a few days




Halloween was a fun yet an on the go day. I spent the whole afternoon with my mother-n-law whom I affectionately call Mom. She wanted to go to her chiropractor's office in costume and needed me to go with her. I dressed really quickly in my witch's costume and we hit the town. We went all over the place, catching the eyes of all, in our adventure that can only be considered a search for attention. When Mom was on her way home, my son and I headed back to the school to pick something up and I wound up having an aggravating talk with my son's Language Arts teacher, which led me to a much nicer talk with the principal. I wound up being late picking up my daughter from school. When we were finally home I had a call from a sweet young friend from church who was wandering if I could bring the dinner I was going to make for her family, soon. In our church whenever someone in our ward has a baby, they will set-up dinners for a few days. She just had a baby boy and I of all people agreed to bring her dinner on a Holiday. I am the worst person to have make a meal and expect to eat before 6:30. She was hoping I could come then, at 5:00. I rushed as fast as I could and was able to throw together a fine looking meal. She was very grateful for the meal. Sadly though as I was delivering it to her, my children were making their own TV dinners. Next the rush to get my kids ready for trick-or-treating set in . My daughter's friend Shelby wound up going with us and we missed going with my friend Debbie. The highlight of our trick-or-treating was this really neat spook ally a family made in their garage. They had these great Pirate's of the Caribbean costumes and pumpkins. These are a couple of the pictures I took of my kids with them. I must say we were all impressed with their kindness and creativity.

2 comments:

rainstorm said...

Thanks for what? You can be a man of few words. I on the other hand, have a slight problem... I don't know when to shut up. He He He!

Paul Train said...

No more of your dream here, but I am on the hunt!