Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fun activities, all together

This is the fam out for the day at that fun place. This was a cool simulator ride thing.

For Mother's Day we all went up to the mountains for a pic-nic, Bar-B-Q style.
We also tried to walk down to the lake, but it really wasn't only a mile from the main road, like the sign said. Here we are on our walk.



These are a couple of Willow's field day snap shots. Go, Willow!



Two weeks ago we found this beautiful "Little" dog, yah right. She was a sweetheart and we called her Honey. It had been at our house for about a week before Tracy had warmed up to the idea that Honey might become a permanent addition to our family, should her family never contact us to claim her. So I decided that I would give them 10 days to claim her just as the humane society does, before she became "OURS". Well wouldn't you know it... on the ninth night I finally got a call from her family. I was sad and happy at the same time. Her real name was Dessie. That night we took her home to her wonderful family, who were grateful we had cared for her so well.



The day after we found Honey, we were thinking it would be nice to take advantage of the nice weather and go camping for the first time this year. So we packed up all of our stuff and headed to the mountains. In the morning we took the canoe down to the lake. We somehow managed to sink the boat before we were even away from the shore. The kids and I were soaked, but Tracy was barely wet. We laughed it off and the brave ones (Willow and I ) set off in the boat to fish on another shore. When Tracy and Storm got worried, they came to rescue us and met us on our way back while we were having a hard time steering the boat. Storm was hardly willing to get in the boat the first time because he says it is creepy being over the deep water and not seeing the bottom, but when I begged him to help me get the boat back to the place we put the boat in the water, he agreed. It was a breeze for he and I to get it back and I was so proud of him. We made good memories that day.




Willow and I were able to go on Storm's field trip to the Air Force Academy last week. It was really interesting to see the neat metal sculptures they had all over the courtyards.


The campus was huge and it even had this beautiful church that housed several chapels for different religions, I took many pictures of it. The stained glass was breathtaking.



This is their code of honor, I think it is a good one. just in case you cant read it it says, "We will not lie, steal, or cheat nor tolerate among us anyone who does."



This picture is of my kidos playing fooseball in the eating hall on the campus.

Every year on the last day of school we all go to McD's to eat, play, and take pictures. Since Storm and Willow have different last days we did it on Willow's last day since it was first. Storm doesn't get out until this Friday.These are the kids favorite friends, an awesome group.

25 comments:

rainstorm said...

Like I've said, "I have been BUSY". I hope you like the many, many,pictures. There was a lot to catch up on, causing me to spend the whole day downloading pictures, loading them on to my posts, and making comments. I am compuper pooped ;)I love that you still love me even in my absence.

rainstorm said...

I've missed you my DADDY!HUGE HUGS ;)

Paul Train said...

Thursday, May 29, 2008
The day be4fore yesterday I bought a new truck (New to me). A 2006 Ford Expedition 4X4. Now all the grandkids want rides all the way to school instead of just to their bus stops.
I love you, Dad

rainstorm said...

Cool! I wanted one of those before. Doesn't Paulie have one? or is his an excursion? They are both neat anyway. I'm happy for you and the fam.HUGS

rainstorm said...

By the way there are about four new posts from this week, did you see all of them?

Paul Train said...

Friday, May 30, 2008
Original 'Memorial Day'
The first day the new posts were up I tried to get a look at them, but my computer went haywire. I managed to get to your other blog before I was off on the road.
I don't know what Paulie has.
I will get a better look at your other posts after.
I love you, Dad

Paul Train said...

Saturday, May 31, 2008
Smile!
Love you, Dad

Paul Train said...

Sunday, June 1, 2008
All those smiling faces, you must be a great influance.
Love, Dad

Paul Train said...

Monday, June 2, 2008
My browser seems to be having problems, but I made it here anyway.
Love you, Dad

Paul Train said...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Had to use another Internet browser to get here today, but here I am.
Love you, Dad

Paul Train said...

Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Love, Dad

Jenn said...

WOW! Busy times! But it looks like lots of fun!

Paul Train said...

Thursday, June 5, 2008
I have a bad cold today, but I had to at least say hi.
Love, Dad

rainstorm said...

I'm sorry you have a cold, Daddy. We finally got some rain this morning and it feels like were at the coast ;) Did you send it here for us? We needed it.

PS Some of the new things I'm doing are, tilling and digging up my front yard to make a path and a couple of garden areas and I'm also putting down seed. This project should have been started after my veggie garden was done in the back yard but I was too anxious. So the back yard is next on my list. Are you planting a garden this year? or I guess I should have said, have you planted a garden yet? because your planting season started a couple of months back, right?
HAPPY DAY, my DADDY! I Love YOU!

Paul Train said...

Friday, June 6, 2008
We generally plant in May, but Mary Mom was working so she let Derek plant her garden. There is a difference between a farm garden and a back yard garden, but Derek doesn't know the difference, and I am going to have a lot to clean up in the fall because of all the mess and crap he has added to the garden.
I am feeling better today, but my head is still all stuffed up.
Most of the rain passed North of here, but we got a few sprinkles when it was on the way to you.
Love you much, Dad

Paul Train said...

Sunday, June 8, 2008
Still recovering from my cold.
Very hot day today, 86 degrees down here in the barn.
Love you, Dad

Paul Train said...

Monday, June 9, 2008
I'll be glad when I'm done with this cold, it doesn't leave me much energy to do other things.

Hannah is the only one still going to school, for 3 more days, the rest of the grandkids are out of school for the summer.

Love you, Dad

rainstorm said...

Which do you have, a back yard garden or a farm garden? What mess did he make? I am doing a square foot garden this year. I should get about four plus times as much produce as last year in the same amount of space. I'm not planting in mounds or rows. It is kind of expensive the first year but it won't cost much next year. I am also going to make my first compost pile. Wish me luck;) HUGS

rainstorm said...

Get well, wishes and HUGS!

Paul Train said...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Derek did a back yard garden with rocks like a flower garden with steping stones and bolders and wooden contrivenses. Some of it looks neat now, but it will be one heck of a mess for me to clean up this Fall. Derek will not clean up after himself.

Is Storm getting to be as tall as his mother?

Love you, Dad

Paul Train said...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008
I'm feeling much better today.
How is your garden comming?
Love, Dad

Paul Train said...

Thursday, June 12, 2008
I was up till after 3 AM this morning.
This was Hannah's last day of school, got her there before 8 AM
I'm tired already.
Love you, Dad

Lisa Miller said...

Love the post. Honey looks like my black labs from growing up. Memories!! The stained glass was beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the pics. Hope you're doing good.

Paul Train said...

Friday, June 13, 2008
TGIF well Summer is here in this part of the world.
How is your garden comming?
Love, Dad

Paul Train said...

Love you, Dad