Saturday, April 5, 2008

Our weekend at Grand Junction


These are Uncle Jack and Aunt Carolyn's, neighbor's, horses that Willow, Storm, and their third cousin Milon played with all weekend. They are actually on the property, so the kids treated them like the were theirs'. The white one's name is Gambler and the dark one is Zowe. They really had interesting characters. These are two of Alberta's (MOM"S)brothers and their Brides. Ivan and Jacque with little Molly(Who put us up at their house even though they were gone until our last day there).We were spoiled, had our pick of any room in the house to sleep in, and nibbled on their yummy Enstrom's world famous toffee, THANKS! Now this is Jack and Carolyn, they were the one's that had the plumbing needs, that Tracy was helping with (the reason for the visit). They fed us well and made us laugh. These last two are of the bunch of us. The pretty lady next Tracy is his cousin Kim, her daughter Milon is next to me.

7 comments:

Merrimom said...

Those are beautiful horses...and you and Willow are so beautiful next to the horse! I miss you!

Lisa Miller said...

Ditto Merri - what a sweet picture of you two.

Paul Train said...

I'll bet the kids had the most fun.
Love you my sweet, Dad

rainstorm said...

There were some better one's but I'm in a balloon stage right now. I'm about to bust out a serious plan to loose weight and be in shape.I hope this doesn't come off as offensive, But, Lisa, what have you done to lose weight? You look GREAT!

Dad,
If you promise not to use it/them I will post the better one's where I'm not standing behind Willow? Okay?

Paul Train said...

OK
Love you, Dad

Lisa Miller said...

Well, first I cut way back on my sweets. I eat only 1 dessert a day and not too much of it - this has been hard. Fortunately, I've found that I don't crave the sweets as much anymore. I make sure to drink all of my 8 glasses of water. I also try not to eat anything past 7 at night. I've been buying more things that are low in fat or fat free. I realize you can't cut out all fat, but I'm sure I get enough in other stuff. Lastly, I've had to force myself to exercise. I despise it, but it's got to be done. Now, I've found that I just do it without too much complaint. My goal is 4 30 minute workouts a week. I've lost 12 pounds since mid January. I'm sure I could do better, but I'm just praising myself for what I've done so far.

rainstorm said...

Lisa,
That is super! 12 is better than gaining, not to mention 12 can even look like 30 when you are toning up along with loosing. Good Job Girl!

Dad,
Thanks! I'm glad I didn't post those pictures that I thought were better, it turns out they were no good. Willow wasn't smiling in them. I guess she was too busy watching the horse that was behind Storm, who was taking the picture.Any ways, I still gave you more ;)
LUV YA!